Capitol Contact Info:
||MO House of Representatives
201 West Capitol Avenue
Jefferson City MO 65101
|MISSOURI HOUSE LINK
Eagle Scout Award Presentation
Night Out Against Crime
As your State Representative, Sheila has brought common sense conservative values, experience, energy and leadership to Jefferson City. She has a proven track record of standing up for citizens and their rights with conviction and strength. Always guided by the values that make Missouri strong; faith in God, love of family, and preservation of the freedoms our constitution guarantees.
Legislator of the Year
- Veterans of Foreign Wars
- American Legion
- Missouri Association of Veterans Organizations (MAVO)
- Missouri Police Chiefs Association
- American Cancer Society for legislative leadership in the fight against cancer
- Champion of Justice award from Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys
- The Military Order of the Purple Heart - Special Recognition Award for her support of America's Veterans and their family members
- 2015 Child Champion Award from the Missouri Chapter, American Academy of Pediatrics in recognition of her efforts on behalf of Missouri's children
Freshman Legislator of the Year
- For outstanding work as a senior citizen advocate
- Select Committee on State and Local Governments, Chairman
- Veterans, Vice Chairman
- Government Efficiency
- Local Government
Experienced Community Leader
- State Representative
- Mayor Pro-Tem, City of Blue Springs
- City Councilman
- Planning Commission, Chairman
- Citizen's Police Academy
Supports our Schools
- PTA President
- PTA District Council
- Citizens Advisory Committee
- Superintendant's Roundtable
- Married 30 years
- Two Children that have attended Blue Springs Public Schools K-12
- Daughter Lindsey – Blue Springs School District Elementary Teacher
- Son Spencer - Working in the Construction Industry
- Longtime member of First United Methodist Church
of Blue Springs
Sheila is the Account Coordinator for ParLux Fragrances
Before serving in the House of Representatives, Sheila Solon earned her credentials in the city of Blue Springs. She has served as the Mayor Pro-Tem, for 3 years as City Councilman, 9 years on the Blue Springs Planning Commission (several as the Chair), Chairman of the Development Advisory Commission, Chairman of the Comprehensive Plan Review Commission, Chairman of the Multi-Family Task Force Commission, served on the Board of Zoning and Adjustment, Charter Review Committees, City Area Plan Committee, Capital Improvements Committees, Bond Task Force Committee, and the Citizen’s Police Academy.
Sheila supports local schools and has demonstrated her commitment to the Blue Springs School District by serving on the PTA Boards of Cordill-Mason Elementary and Moreland Ridge Middle School. While serving as PTA President of Cordill-Mason Elementary in 2000, the organization was awarded Most Outstanding PTA in the state of Missouri.
Sheila has also been a member of the Blue Springs South High School PTA, the Blue Springs South Booster Club, the Blue Springs South Cheerleading Boosters, and the Blue Springs South Football Boosters.
Solon actively participated for 12 years on the Citizens Advisory Committee, The Superintendent’s Roundtable and the Citizens Advisory Committee Safety Sub-Committee.
Sheila and her husband, Charlie have been married for 30 years. Blue Springs has been their home for over 25 years. Sheila and Charlie have two children; Lindsey, is an elementary teacher in the Blue Springs School District, and Spencer works in the construction industry.
Sheila and her family have been active members of Blue Springs’ First United Methodist Church for 25 years. She served on the Hospitality Committee and belongs to the United Methodist Women. She has also served on the Alter Guild, as a Sunday School Teacher and was the Wee Singers Director for 6 years.
Join us on